Our Mission Statement

Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent onone purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.


Monday, August 1, 2011

Jeremiah 29:11 is a very powerful verse and one of my favorites. There are usually three different versions of the Bible that I use when I am studying or just wanting to get a different variation. Here they are for this verse. 


Message: I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
NIV:  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
New King James: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.


It is amazing to me that I can read this verse in multiple versions and it still says the same thing, over and over. Yet I find myself trying to out think what the Lord has for me or better yet, tell Him what I need or want. Don't you think that at some point I might get a clue and look in the mirror and say "Hey Gretchen, I know that the Lord has my future planned and He wants me to prosper and have a great future. He is not going to leave me."
This doesn't mean that bad times won't come or that you won't lose sight of your hope now and again or wonder what your future holds but just knowing that He has it all in His hands and wants the BEST for ME is amazing. The next time you find yourself wondering what in the world is going on in your life, just think on this scripture and know that HE HAS IT ALL PLANNED just for YOU!


See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Great post sweetheart! What a great reminder! I am so proud of what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto what my son-in-law just said....and we all need to be reminded, daily, that our God is in control and can be trusted with our lives...even in the storms.

    ReplyDelete